NAS_branches_logos_England_v1 copy_Sutton_Sutton

Blank Page

Personal Independence Payments (PIP):


Personal Independence Payment (PIP) helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64.  PIP (Personal Independence Payment) is the benefit that’s gradually replacing DLA (Disability Living Allowance).

You’ll carry on getting DLA if you were 65 or over on 8 April 2013. For everyone else aged 16 and over, DLA will stop and you’ll need to claim PIP instead - even if you have a ‘lifetime’ or ‘indefinite’ award for DLA.



Employment Support Allowance (ESA):


If you’re ill or disabled, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers you:

  • financial support if you’re unable to work

  • personalised help so that you can work if you’re able to



Job Seekers Allowance (JSA):


You could get Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) if all of the following apply:

you’re 18 or over (there are some exceptions if you’re 16 or 17 - contact Jobcentre Plus for advice)

   you’re under State Pension age

you’re not in full-time education

you’re in England, Scotland or Wales

you’re available for work

you’re actively seeking work

you work on average less than 16 hours per week



Universal Credit:


You may be able to claim Universal Credit if you’re on a low income or out of work



Carers Allowance:


The person you care for must already get one of these benefits:

Personal Independence Payment - daily living component

Disability Living Allowance - the middle or highest care rate